Date: Tuesday January 24, 2017
Location: NH West & Central Gyms
Registration Dates & Location: Monday January 9 - Wednesday January 18, 2017 / Campus Recreation Office
Spots Available: 12 Teams-2 Members per Team (3 Teams per Campus). Males and females welcome. Co-ed teams welcome.
Each team will have a their own “Base Station” consisting of four exercises and five “Choice Stations” consisting of two exercises
- At the Base Station, team members will rotate one exercise at a time until they both complete 8 reps of the four exercises before progressing to a Choice Stations.
- At the Choice Stations, team mates will pick which person/partner will the do which of the two exercises; exercises are done one person at a time; i.e. at Choice Station 2 , you do 50 Body Weight Squats and then tag your team mate and he/she does the 15 Equalizer Pull-ups. Once done, you both run back to Base Station to complete those exercises before going on to Choice Station 3.
- Teammates return to the Base Station to complete those exercises between each Choice Station.
- There will be two heats with a maximum of six teams per heat.
- The three teams with best times completing the challenge will rank 1st, 2nd and 3rd place and each team member will receive a SportChek gift card: 1st place ($50), 2nd place ($40) and 3rd place ($30).
- There are modified versions of the Box Jump, Dips, Plank Row, Push Ups and Sandbag Carry for male and female strength differences.
- 8 Box Jumps
- 8 Box Dips
- 8 Burpees
- 8 Full Sit-Ups
CHOICE 1: Jump Rope (100 singles or 50 double-unders) or 15 Hurdles Over Under
CHOICE 2: 15 Equalizer Pull Ups or 50 Body Weight Squats
CHOICE 3: 30 Push-ups or 25 Dumbbell Plank Rows (10lbs males: 5lbs women)
CHOICE 4: 30 Squat Jumps or 50 Mountain Climbers
CHOICE 5: Shuttle Run (distance of pylons 1-2, 1-3, 1-4, 1-5 and back) or Sandbag Carry (distance of 5 pylons and back x 5 reps)