Equalizer Pull Ups (15)
Start Position: Lying on your back between the two Equalizers with knees bent and feet on the floor about hip or shoulder width apart.
- Grasp the Equalizer horizontal handles each hand.
- Arms must be straight with elbows locked and palms facing each other.
- Position yourself hanging underneath the bar.
- MALES - your whole body from head to heels must be straight with your heels on the ground (back, hips and ankles straight).
- FEMALES - your body from head to knees must be straight with your feet on the floor and knees bent at 90 degrees (back and hips straight).
- Begin by flexing the elbow and pulling your chest towards the bar (keeping body straight).
Finish Position: At the top, the elbows must come in line with the torso (i.e. beside your ribs). At the bottom position the athlete’s hips must be aligned with the rest of the boy and elbows must be straight.
- Torso not coming in line with elbows (elbows must be beside the ribs).
- Hips, knee or ankles bend (flat line not maintained throughout body).
- Any part of the body (besides heels or feet) touches the floor.