Body Weight Squats (50)
Start Position: Feet hip or shoulder width apart pointing toes straight ahead or slightly out.
- Keep the back straight, bend the knees and sit back and down until the thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Position arms where comfortable as long you reach start and finishing positions outlined in the movement standards.
- Keeping the feet flat, drive the heels into the floor and extend the hips and knees until the legs are straight.
Finish Position: Same as start position.
- Keep feet flat on the floor with equal distribution of weight through forefoot and heel.
- Do not round the back. Keep the back straight, head up and look ahead throughout the movement.
- Do not allow the knees to go past the toes.
- Keep the knees pointing in the same direction as the feet throughout the movement.
- Thighs higher than parallel to the floor.
- Not standing up with hips and knees fully extended the top/end of the movement.