How BeeFit Challenge Works
- It is an individual challenge where you follow your own exercise and/or nutritional plan for 8 weeks.
- We will measure your heart rate, body weight, body fat (optional), waist circumference, grip strength, cardiovascular endurance (3-minute step test) and muscle endurance (push-ups) in week 1, 4 and 8 to track your progress.
- You will receive a resource for healthy eating and weekly emails to keep you motivated. You will also have the option to attend a BeeFit Exercise Workshop to learn exercises to help get you started.
- At your final measurement appointment, we will review your changes from week 1 to 8.
- You will receive a gift when you attend your week 1, 4 and 8 measurement appointments. Week 1 (2-Section Lunch Container), Week 4 (Shaker Cup) and Week 8 (BeeFit T-Shirt).
- Participants who use #BeeFitSeneca when posting images of themselves engaging in BeeFit activities such as healthy eating, exercising or other forms of physical activity at least 10 times will be eligible to win a Magic Bullet® NutriBullet® by intercampus random draw.
- You will also qualify for 1 of 2 draw prizes ($50 SportChek gift cards) if you meet improvement criteria in at least 2 of measurements.
- At each campus, the male and female student with the greatest overall improvement will be chosen as campus winners and receive a $100 SportChek Gift card.
Registration runs from Monday January 6 to Friday January 17, 2020.
Your first measurement appointment (WEEK 1) will be the week of January 20 - 24.
Your second measurement appointment (WEEK 4) will be the week of February 10 - 14.
Your final measurement appointment (WEEK 8) will be the week of week of March 9 - 13.
Register at your campus Fitness Centre.