Date: Tuesday January 24, 2017
Time: 5:00pm - 7:30pm
Location: NH West & Central Gyms
Registration Dates & Location: Monday January 9 - Wednesday January 18, 2017 (Campus Recreation Office)
Spots Available: 12 Teams - 2 Members per Team (3 Teams per Campus). Males and females welcome. Co-ed teams welcome.
• Each team will have a their own “Base Station” consisting of four exercises and five “Choice Stations” consisting of two exercises
• At the Base Station, team members will rotate one exercise at a time until they both complete 8 reps of the four exercises before progressing to a Choice Stations.
• At the Choice Stations, team mates will pick which person/partner will the do which of the two exercises; exercises are done one person at a time; i.e. at Choice Station 2 , you do 50 Body Weight Squats and then tag your team mate and he/she does the 15 Equalizer Pull-ups. Once done, you both run back to Base Station to complete those exercises before going on to Choice Station 3.
• Teammates return to the Base Station to complete those exercises between each Choice Station.
• There will be two heats with a maximum of six teams per heat.
• The three teams with best times completing the challenge will rank 1st, 2nd and 3rd place and each team member will receive a SportChek gift card: 1st place ($50), 2nd place ($40) and 3rd place ($30).
• There are modified versions of the Box Jump, Dips, Plank Row, Push Ups and Sandbag Carry for male and female strength differences.
• 8 Box Jumps (view)
• 8 Box Dips (view)
• 8 Burpees (view)
• 8 Full Sit-Ups (view)
CHOICE 1: Jump Rope (view) (100 singles or 50 double-unders) or 10 Hurdles Over Under (view)
CHOICE 2: 15 Equalizer Pull Ups (view) or 50 Body Weight Squats (view)
CHOICE 3: 30 Push-ups (view) or 25 Dumbbell Plank Rows (view) (10lbs males: 5lbs women)
CHOICE 4: 30 Squat Jumps (view) or 50 Mountain Climbers (view)
CHOICE 5: Shuttle Run (view) (distance of pylons 1-2, 1-3, 1-4, 1-5 and back) or Sandbag Carry (view) (distance of pylons 1-5 x 5 reps)